Eevia Health Plc (" Eevia" or" The Company") has concluded a human clinical study of the effects of Eevia's branded ingredient Feno-Chaga® Organic on Upper-Respiratory Tract Infections (URTIs) and Psychological Mood State with positive and promising results.
Forty (40) healthy long-distance (marathon) runners participated in a research study investigating the effects of a one-month dietary supplementation of Feno-Chaga® Organic on their physical and psychological well-being. The hypothesis was that Feno-Chaga® Organic might improve immune system vigilance in the test group, compared to the control group. Twenty males and females received Feno-Chaga® Organic, while another same size group received a placebo.
To stress and suppress the immune system of the volunteers, participants trained for and completed a strenuous endurance running event (half-marathon to marathon distance) to induce physical and mental stress. This endurance event created a "susceptibility window," whereby a higher risk for upper-respiratory-tract infections (URTIs) is more likely to be observed. Feno-Chaga® Organic may be a natural "immune-modulator," which may balance overall immune system activity and either stimulate a suppressed immune system (up to optimal) or suppress an overactivated immune system (down to optimal). An adequately primed immune system "pays attention" to factors it should fight, such as viruses, bacteria, cancer cells, etc. On the other hand, it ignores factors that should be considered non-harmful, such as pollen, mucus membranes, joint cartilage, etc.
In the study, we observed that the Feno-Chaga® group experienced the following positive benefits of supplementation compared to the placebo group:
- There was a 51% reduction in upper-respiratory tract symptoms (total number of reported symptoms such as cough, sore throat, sniffles, stuffiness, etc.)
- A 10% improvement in overall well-being (global mood state)
- A 61% increase in microbiome species S. Thermophilus, which is known to be involved in immune-system regulation
- A 30% reduction in cortisol (primary stress hormone)
The study concluded that Feno-Chaga® Organic significantly decreased URTI incidence and improved psychological mood state compared to Placebo. An abstract of the study can be found at Eevia Health webpages www.eeviahealth.com. The results will be presented at a scientific conference. Eevia Health will use the results in the market positioning of its branded product Feno-Chaga® Organic as an effective ingredient in immunomodulating dietary supplements. Scientifically documenting the efficacy of Eevia's plant extracts is essential as a crucial factor in growing customer interest and sales.
For further information, please contact:
Stein Ulve, CEO, Eevia Health Plc Kim Nurmi-Aro, CFO, Eevia Health Plc
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +358 400 22 5967 +358 504 44 0717
Eevia Health Plc, founded in March 2017, addresses significant health problems with bioactive compounds extracted from plant materials. The materials are primarily wild-harvested from the pristine Finnish and Swedish forests near or above the Arctic Circle. The extracts are sold B2B as ingredients to dietary supplements and food brands globally. These global brands utilize the ingredients in their consumer product formulas.
Eevia Health is a fast-growing Finnish manufacturer of 100% organically certified plant extracts. Although a significant product; Elderberry extract, is made from cultivated berries, most of Eevia's other raw materials, such as bilberry, lingonberry, chaga-mushroom, and pine bark, are wild-harvested in a sustainable fashion. Eevia's branded ingredients, such as Feno-Myrtillus® Organic (high concentrate bilberry extracts with 36% anthocyanins) and Fenoprolic® 70 Organic (pine bark extracts with 70% oligomeric proanthocyanidins), are organically certified.
Eevia Health operates a modern green-chemistry production facility in Finland. The factory operates near the raw material harvest areas. A uniquely short value chain enables an environmentally friendly carbon footprint, competitive pricing, and extreme transparency. Eevia listed its shares at Spotlight Stock Market in Sweden in June 2021, with the short name EEVIA.
To learn more, please visit www.eeviahealth.com or follow Eevia Health on LinkedIn @EeviaHealth.
Eevia Health Plc, ("Eevia" or "The Company"), has received a sales order from its Australian distributor Ingredients Plus. Ingredients Plus serves leading nutraceutical brands in Oceania and Asia with high-quality ingredients. The end customer is a major natural health company based out of Sydney, Australia selling its products across Asia and Oceania.
Eevia Health Plc, ("Eevia" or "The Company") has appointed a Shareholders' Nomination Committee
Eevia Health Plc, ("Eevia" or "The Company") has appointed Select Ingredients, San Diego, California, USA, as new distributor in the territory of the USA.
Eevia Health Plc ("Eevia" or "The Company") is welcoming Gabriella Beni as our new Chief Financial Officer. Kim Nurmi-Aro will leave the Company on March 16th and the Company wishes him the very best in his new professional endeavors close to his home in the city of Vaasa. Gabriella Beni will take over the position on March 17th.
Eevia Health Plc ("Eevia" or "The Company"), a leading health ingredient manufacturer from Finland, today announces that it has entered a multi-year sales agreement. The sales agreement is with a Finnish customer to supply a specialty protein and fiber plant extract with excellent nutritional values and versatile product applications for the global nutraceutical market.
Significant events during the fourth quarter and full-year 2021:
- Net sales for the year grew by over 130% compared to 2020, amounting to the total revenue of KEUR 6,671.
- During Q4, 2021 Net sales amounted to KEUR 658 compared to KEUR 1,534 in 2020. The underlying Net Sales in Q4, 2021 was KEUR 801. The underlying revenue was higher than the reported revenue. Eevia credited one sold batch in Q4-21 that needed reprocessing. Eevia will resell the batch in Q1-22.
- EBITDA for Q4, 2021 came in at KEUR -811 (KEUR -409).
- Eevia added several new prospects to the pipeline during the period, and the Company has ongoing negotiations for long-term contracts.
- The order reserve increased in Q4-21. As previously communicated, among new orders were:
- an MSEK 3,4 / MEUR 0,34 sales order for highly concentrated bilberry extract (Feno-Myrtillus® 36 Organic).
- New sales orders for organic pine bark extract (Fenoprolic® 70 Organic).
- A human clinical study concluded on Feno-Chaga® Organic was completed with positive results, Scientific documentation of the efficacy of Eevia's plant extracts is a crucial factor in growing customer interest and sales of Eevia's products.
- Eevia Health successfully completed an equity issue with proceeds of KEUR 1,903 in Q4-21.
- Eevia made a significant drive in Q4-21 to become a leader in environmental sustainability and occupational safety. We launched several new actions to reduce emissions and strengthen our sustainability. The initiative included testing various technologies, such as reversed osmosis, nanofiltration, and ultrafiltration. The target is to minimize emissions of organic compounds to air and wastewater. Reducing emissions is the right thing for the environment and supports our brand as the most sustainable extracts producer.
Eevia Health Plc, ("Eevia" or "The Company"), is welcoming Harri Salo as our new Chief Manufacturing Officer. Harri Salo has a 15-year strong career in operations and production management in international industrial business environments. He will start Monday, January 10th, and significantly strengthen Eevia Health's management capacity and competence for developing production organization, operation, and business processes.
Eevia Health Plc, ("Eevia" or "The Company"), has received a large sales order from its Australian distributor Ingredients Plus. Ingredients Plus serves leading nutraceutical brands in Oceania and Asia with high quality ingredients. The end customer is a major natural health company based out of Sydney, Australia selling its products across Asia and Oceania.
The sales value of this order is c.335,000 EUR and the product is Feno-Myrtillus 25 bilberry extract. The order is expected to create repeat sales of this product going forward.